Questions to Ask Before You Book Your Wedding Venue
Surely you want everything to be perfect and go smoothly on your wedding day. Making sure you have the perfect venue to accommodate all of your needs is key to having your big day go off without a hitch. Your Uptown wedding coordinator will make sure you have all of the specifics lined up, but it’s important to know what to ask at your first venue visits.
The key is to never assume anything and to always ask about the details! Without further ado, here are the most important questions to ask your wedding venue before you book!
Ma Maison, Day 7 Photography
Most Important Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- What dates are available during the month I’m considering?
- What are the rates for different days or times?
- Will there be any other weddings or events scheduled on the same day?
- How many guests can this location accommodate?
- What is the rental fee? What is included in that price?
- Is there a payment schedule?
- How much is the deposit? When is it due? Is it refundable?
- What’s your cancellation policy?
- What’s your backup plan for rain/bad weather in outdoor spaces?
- What hours will the venue be available to me on the day of the wedding?
- What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding?
- Does the venue provide assistance with removing decor after the event has concluded?
- Are there any restrictions on vendors, alcohol, music, or decor?
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers?
- Are kitchen facilities available for outside caterers?
- Are tables, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided?
- Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band?
- Is there an area for the bride and groom to change?
- How many restrooms are there?
- Is there parking on site? Is it complimentary? Do you offer valet parking?
- What security services do you offer?
- Does the venue have liability insurance?
- What are the nearest hotels to the venue? Do you have a partnership with any hotels in the area?
Mercury Hall, Amber Vickery Photography
Why is it important to conduct a walkthrough of a potential wedding venue?
We had the pleasure of speaking with Anita of the Grand Ballroom at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center to get her professional expertise. Here’s what she had to say!
It’s very important to understand and see all that you are getting in the wedding package and to ensure the venue is the best fit for your event. Meeting the venue’s event manager and touring the space will help you understand how you and your guests will experience the venue and the flow of the event.
A walk-through also helps build the relationship with the venue contact to not only put you at ease but for the venue contact to understand your needs and expectations. Always ask questions and ask for suggestions. Take photos and notes, and never feel like you are asking too many questions. We want to help customize your event and it’s a collaborative effort to make your dream come true.
What are some important questions to ask a potential hotel wedding venue?
- Can the hotel provide a block of guest rooms?
- What is the rate for the rooms?
- When does the room block need to be filled by?
- Can items be placed in the guest room before guests arrive and for what fee?
- What menu options does the hotel provide?
- What are the options for ceremony and reception location?
- Are there restaurants or areas available on-site for a rehearsal dinner or morning after brunch?
AT&T Grand Ballroom, Hyde Park Photography
When working with Uptown as your full service wedding planner, you can rest assure that we will be asking all of these questions on your behalf to ensure you’re going to get exactly what you want–and need–on your wedding day! Thanks again to Anita of the AT&T Grand Ballroom for giving us some really helpful advice!
Garden Grove, Allison Jeffers Photography
If you’re in the midst of planning your wedding–or don’t even know where to start!–contact Uptown’s experienced wedding coordinators today to find out how we can ease your stress and help you plan the wedding of your dreams!